Slip & Fall Accidents
Slip accidents, trip accidents, and fall accidents can result in painful and debilitating injuries for the victims, who may end up with broken bones, spinal cord injuries, traumatic brain injuries, head injuries, bruises and bumps, or other painful injuries.
Our Boston, Massachusetts slip and fall attorneys have over 50 years of experience helping slip and fall injury victims like you obtain financial compensation from the negligent parties. We know how to prove that you got hurt in a slip and fall accident because someone else was careless or reckless. Altman & Altman LLP serves personal injury clients in the Greater Boston Area and cities throughout Massachusetts. Give us a call and one of our experienced personal injury lawyers will get back to you immediately. Our staff is available around the clock to assist you on your case.
Slip and fall accidents happen anywhere:
- In a supermarket, shopping mall or hotel
- In an office building, office park, lobby or building's common area
- On any surface due to unnatural ice buildup
- On an area where an object was negligently left
- On a stairwell or defective stair
- On a person's work premises
Slip and fall accidents have different causes:
- Improper maintenance
- Inadequate lighting
- A missing step
- A damaged stair railing
- An area under construction without the proper warning signs
- A loose floorboard
- An uneven pavement
- Liquid or debris on a restaurant floor, store aisle, or inside a public bathroom
Our Boston, Massachusetts slip and fall lawyers will work with accident reconstruction experts who can prove that your injuries were caused by the inadequate conditions on another party’s premise. Slip and fall cases fall under the area of premises liability law, which holds a premise owner or property manager responsible for making sure that there are no unsafe conditions on a property that could cause injury or death to a resident, visitor, worker, or patron. Visit our premises liability page for more information.
It is important that you contact our Massachusetts slip and fall law firm right away so that we can examine the accident site and any key evidence and begin establishing negligence. While a slip and fall accident may not sound as serious as other kinds of personal injury accidents, the pain, the medical expenses, and recovery time can take a huge emotional and financial toll on the victim.
Our Boston slip and fall lawyers will examine your medical records and calculate the amount of your losses, including current and future medical costs, lost wages, rehabilitation expenses, pain and suffering, and other damages. Altman & Altman is known throughout Massachusetts for our ability to successfully obtain substantial insurance settlements or case verdicts for our personal injury clients.
To schedule your free consultation with an experienced Boston, Massachusetts slip and fall attorney at Altman & Altman LLP, call 617.492.3000 or 800.481.6199 or contact us online.
" A friend suggested I contact Altman & Altman regarding my case, and I'm very happy I did. The attorneys were professional, knowledgeable, timely, and caring. They explained what all my options were, and actually took the time to help me understand what was going on with my case. I was very pleased with the outcome of my case, and I don't think it would have been the same if it weren't for their help."
- Slip and Fall Accident on Icy Sidewalk Renders $1.2M Personal Injury Verdict A jury has awarded Brenda Alcala $1.2 million for her slip and fall accident on a sidewalk. The 54-year-old woman shattered her right ankle during the ....
- Ruling in Cruise Ship Injury Case Could Determine Whether Medical Malpractice Damages Could Finally Come Into Play A ruling issued by a federal appeals court in a wrongful death case on a cruise ship could pave the way for medical practice lawsuits for claims ....
- It’s The Most Dangerous Time of the Year: Preventing Slip and Fall Accidents this Winter Slip and fall injuries are one of the most common types of personal injury lawsuits. During wintertime, unsurprisingly, there seems to be a hike in ....
- Elder Advocates Worry About Massachusetts Assisted Living Residents According to elder advocates, the state’s Executive Office of Elder Affairs, which oversees some 224 facilities, is not properly equipped to ....
- Harsh Winters Up the Risks of Massachusetts Slip and Fall Accidents, Fractures, and Not Just For The Elderly According to a study by the University of Michigan Health System, everyone is at greater risk of fall accidents during severe winter weather. Various ....