Cambridge Workers’ Compensation
Whether you fall off a ladder changing the marquee outside the Brattle Theatre or fall down a historic stone staircase while making a delivery near Harvard, injuries happen in Cambridge just like anywhere else in the world. Injuries on the job happen quickly and are unplanned, and can have serious consequences on your life – including being on the hook for huge medical bills and missing time at work.
Our Cambridge-based workers’ compensation personal injury attorney team at Altman & Altman LLP have over 50 years advocating on behalf of workers in Cambridge and the surrounding Massachusetts area. We will ensure that you are provided ample, steady disability payments that enable you to take care of your family, and we will defend you from employers and insurance companies who try to deny these benefits.
There are five different types of benefits available to workers who are injured on the job, and you have a legally-guaranteed right to collect such payments after an injury on the job – even if you were at fault for the injury.
These benefits include:
- Partial disability – Workers are entitled to receive 60% of their normal wage in the event an injury occurs which leaves them limited in the type or amount of work they can do. You may also be able to collect 60% of the total wages you would have earned throughout the duration of that injury.
- Total disability – Workers who are completely unable to work as a result of an injury may be able to receive 60% of their normal wage for up to 3 years (156 weeks).
- Disfigurement and/or loss of function – If an injury results in a temporary or loss of function, or if it results in permanent scarring, you are entitled to benefits as compensation for these injuries.
- Total and permanent disability – Workers may be able to receive 60% of their average weekly wage for the rest of their lives if they are seriously injured to a point of being permanently impaired.
- Death benefits – If you or a loved one is killed on the job, the surviving spouse or family has a right to collect benefits up to 60% of the worker’s wage to help provide for the loss of income and costs incurred as a result of the death.
Workers have a guaranteed right to workers’ compensation in Cambridge and anywhere else in Massachusetts, and our experienced team of workers’ comp lawyers will make sure that you are being provided the proper and lawful payments that are your right.
In the event that there is a third party who caused your injury – such as the manufacturers of a malfunctioning piece of equipment or a manager who put you in an unsafe and unprotected position, leading to an injury – our personal injury attorneys are well-versed in seeking damages from those responsible parties and helping you collect a settlement that is appropriate given your unique situation.
In the event that a settlement is not able to be reached, or in the event that an insurance company tries to provide less than the proper amount of coverage for your injury, we will aggressively advocate on your behalf in the courtroom, where we have a long history of successfully protecting our clients from insurers and employers alike who try to refuse benefits or freeze them prematurely without adequate reasoning.
Working in one of Massachusetts’ most beautiful cities is something we at Altman & Altman LLP have enjoyed for a long time, but our true passion lies in being available to help the good people of Cambridge continue to provide for their families and give them the peace of mind that, even after an injury, we have their back.
Call us for a free consultation today to go over the details of your unique situation today at 617.492.3000 or toll-free at 800.481.6199. We are available 24/7.