Defective Medications and Drugs
At Altman & Altman, LLP, our firm continues to handle dangerous drug and injury claims brought against large pharmaceutical companies. Often times, it is not until years after a drug is introduced on the market that its devastating side-effects are felt by consumers. Our nation-wide defective drug practice aims to assist those individuals and families that have been adversely affected by such dangerous medications. The attorneys here at Altman & Altman, LLP continuously monitor the developments taking place within the pharmaceutical industry in order to best protect our client’s interests.
Even with the rigorous approval process required by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), we are still plagued by dangerous medications and drugs. Drug companies conceal dangers to speed up government approval and aggressively lobby for reform in the FDA’s procedures. Although drug companies are legally required to test products before even seeking FDA approval, sometimes that testing is done hastily and improperly. Drug companies are also obligated to warn about possible side effects, disclose all material information and discourage misuse on labels. Sometimes, however, this important information is not disclosed to consumers. The inevitable result is that people become ill or die as a result of defective and unsafe drugs.Which Drugs Or Devices Can Be Dangerous?
The following is a list of some of the drugs that have spurred litigation in recent years. It is not exhaustive, and there are many other potentially dangerous drugs on the market. The list below is constantly evolving as new issues are identified and new laws pertaining to dangerous medications are enacted.
- Mirena IUD - Bayer's popular birth control product, the Mirena IUD, is reportedly causing severe health problems in women across the country. (WE ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTING MIRENA IUD CASES)
- Yaz/Yasmin, popular birth control pills, may have a higher overall risk of blood clots than initially believed due to the active ingredient drospirenone.
- Pradaxa, a blood thinning medication used as a substitute for Coumadin to reduce the risk of stroke and blood clots, has been associated with internal bleeding and hemorrhaging.
- Xarelto, A blood thinner that has been linked to uncontrollable bleeding, spinal hematoma, cerebrovascular accidents, and death.
- Defective Hip Replacements – Defective Hip Replacements may lead to a number of complications. It is possible for these products to cause a large amount of iron to be released in the patient’s body. In addition, Defective Hip Replacements may fail and, as a result, force the patient to have additional medical procedures to in order to correct the issue.
- Prozac, Paxil, Zoloft, Celexa, and Lexapro are all types of SSRIs, used as antidepressants, and are believed to cause birth defects including “persistent pulmonary hypertension of the newborn."
At Altman & Altman LLP, we understand that dealing with an illness or injuries can be an overwhelming situation for an individual and families to deal with. There can be mounting expenses from medical bills, transportation costs and loss of income due to do work absences. Financial recovery is of utmost importance to guarantee that you receive the assistance needed in order to return to a normal and healthy lifestyle. You may also be able to recover in a wrongful death lawsuit if you have lost a loved one to an injury or illness.
If you suspect that you have become ill because of a defective medication or drug, you could be entitled to compensation from a large drug company. It is in your best interest to contact a seasoned Massachusetts products liability lawyer at Altman & Altman LLP. With over 40 years of experience we have developed a thorough understanding of the law and our team of products liability lawyers has recovered millions of dollars in personal injury settlements and verdicts for Massachusetts victims and their families.
- Bayer Put Thousands of Women at Serious Risk with Essure Birth Control
- Boston Area Taxotere Lawsuits
- Byetta and Januvia Drug Increasing Risk of Pancreatic Cancer
- Complications From Granuflo
- Eliquis Internal Bleeding Lawsuits
- Elmiron Drug
- Essure Birth Control Lawsuits
- Lipitor may Lead to Diabetes in Women
- Talcum Powder
- Topamax Birth Defects
- Truvada Lawsuits
- Zofran Birth Defect Lawsuits
- Zostavax Litigation