Should I take photographs of my car/injuries/accident scene?
It certainly never hurts to take pictures of your vehicle and you should absolutely do it if it’s possible. This type of evidence could very well be extremely useful in the future. It can often help in showing points of impact in a collision, documenting injuries, and proving that another person was at fault. Today it is very easy to take photographs of a damaged car, an injury or an accident scene at any location and at any time because most people have camera features in their cellular phones.
Living in the age of smartphones - it is often very helpful for us if our clients take as many pictures at the scene of the accident and damage to both cars at the time of the incident.
Also, get contact information from any witnesses that may have seen the accident.
If the photographs depict damage to your property, the following might be helpful:
- Take the pictures as soon as possible and definitely before the property is repaired.
- Photograph the damage from all angles and distances.
If the photographs are of a physical injury to your person, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Have one full shot with your face in it so that it’s clear that the injuries are yours.
- Take numerous shots at different angles and distances. Zoom in and out.
- If you have undergone a surgical procedure, photograph the site of the surgery.
- If you were injured in a slip and fall, take a photo of the substance that caused you to fall if possible.
- Watch your facial expressions. Do not smile.
Call an Excellent Personal Injury Attorney Today at 617.492.3000 or 800.481.6199
Get in touch the personal injury attorneys of Altman & Altman LLP if you would like to speak with us about any potential personal injury claim or other legal matter. We can tell you anything that you need to know because we have been doing this for more than 40 years. Over that time, we’ve gained great knowledge and skill. We have an expertise in the field that is impossible to match and we are extremely confident in our capabilities. We are also confident that we offer our clients a type of personal service that they won’t find elsewhere.
Call Altman & Altman LLP toll free at 617.492.3000 or 800.481.6199 or contact us online. We are available to speak you 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. Our attorneys offer a free and confidential initial consultation. If you choose us to handle your personal injury case, you will not have to pay us anything unless we get compensation for you.