Wet Floor Accidents
Slip and fall accidents can happen anywhere and any time, and may result in serious injuries – especially to the elderly. Many slip and falls can be easily avoided if proper precautions are taken by property managers, landlords or sanitation crews. If you or a loved one has been seriously injured after suffering from a slip and fall injury which could have been prevented, contact the Boston-based slip and fall specialists at Altman & Altman LLP to get started on a claim today.
Slip and falls are common accidents – a result of bad conditions, tragic timing and one doomed step. However if a slip and fall was caused by a preventable condition, such as a spilled liquid that should have been cleaned up, or an puddle at the bottom of a stairway which should have been mopped, then you may be able to file a claim against a negligent party for their part in causing your accident.
Another element which may prove someone to be responsible for a slip and fall is a failure to warn of apparent dangerous conditions which may lead to a slip and fall accident. For example, if you’re walking through the Prudential Center Mall and you slip on a floor that was recently cleaned, but no sign was posted to alert of the dangers of the wet floor, you could feasibly file a claim for damages.
Some examples of wet floor conditions which may cause accidents, which may be eligible for a slip and fall suit to be filed include:
- A store, apartment complex, shopping center or other commercial business cleaning a floor, but not positioning “Caution: Wet Floor” signs around the wet area.
- A T station letting ice, rain or snow accumulate on a stairwell leading down to the subway, or on a commuter rail platform, leaving the stairs or the platform itself slick and likely to cause a slip and fall.
- A store or other commercial business or hotel waxes their floors, but does not alert patrons of this, resulting in a slip and fall.
- In the winter time, careful attention to keeping entryways mopped and dry is necessary, as water will quickly accumulate at these sites, which also see the most foot traffic and contain the most likely chance of a slip and fall.
- In warehouses or supermarkets, spills can occur from a variety of situations – from broken or ruptured merchandise to a leaking air conditioning unit. If such spills are not cleaned up, patrons or warehouse employees can slip and fall and become seriously injured.
Not every slip and fall accident can be turned into a claim for damages. To be successful in a claim you must be able to prove that your slip and fall and ensuing injuries were caused by the negligence of a property owner, landlord or other third party. To help do this, it is essential to consult with an experienced and professional team of legal experts who can guarantee the best chance for success.
At Altman & Altman LLP, we have over 50 years of such experience helping our clients get money to pay for their costly medical bills, prescriptions necessary after a fall and compensate for money lost from being unable to work after suffering a serious slip and fall. We have offices in Boston, Cambridge and Salem, and service clients all throughout Massachusetts.
A slip and fall accident can have a serious impact on your life. Let us get to work on your case right away. Call us for a free consultation today at 617.492.3000 or toll-free at 800.481.6199. We are available 24/7.